Friday, January 18, 2008

Resolutions.....

Okay, first of, many of you may be asking "Why the heck is he writing his resolution when January is almost over?". Answer: This is my blog classwork for English class, the very first of this year. The other previous ones were just me writing, but this for English class.
Anyway, a new year's come and what am I gonna do about it? Do I just sit here and do nothing? Do I party? Or.... do I change?
Everybody can do better. There's always room for improvement. And so that's what I'm going to do in 2008.... Improve. Change. Do better. Right my wrongs.
So where do I start? I have lots of personal stuff to change, that's for sure. And I fully admit it, though I may not specify it because it is personal. (Stop your groaning, cut me some slack! Your reading my blog, you're not gonna get in my personal life!)
Okay, first thing I want to do is to BREAK FREE....
From what????
Well, the big S-I-N.
Everybody sins, so i just want to break free from its bondage. I want me to have control over it and not have it control me. I want to have the power to say no. I want to have the power to resist temptation.But how do I dot his? With help from God and tons of trials. I don't care. Bring it on! I just wanna break free.
The next thing is the way I speak. I'm talkative no doubt, but I want to change the way i speak. I sometimes may say things that hurt other people or go way too far with jokes. Therefore, I want to be more careful with my words.
Another thing is this: my complete wholesome devotion to God. I want to live everyday - and I mean every second, minute and hour - for God. I want everything that I do to honor Him.
Here's another thing, but this is rather like a goal: the salvation of at least one relative. My relatives are Catholics, so I want them to be saved.
Plus, the verse in the Bible about walking blameless has been coming back to me every time. And yes, it did say blameless. So though it may seem hard, I will do my best.
Oh, and here's another resolution: get abs. Yup, I vow to do sit-ups every time I get home with a couple of those elbow push ups that Ms. Lauren taught me yesterday. By the end of the year, I may have a flat stomach. Mwahahaha!
As for relationships, I want to love my friends as much as I love myself and it's really hard, I admit. But what can I do? I might as well love 'em since they're my friends.
And oh yeah, about relationships...
Many people have been asking me if I have a girlfriend so some might be asking that now it's a new year, I might get one this year.
Well friends, the answer is no, I have absolutely no plans to get a girlfriend this year or the next year or the year after that. When the real girl for me comes along, then maybe I will. But for now....
Anyways, I think I wrote way too much and I therefore must end here. God bless and claim to be blessed.

0 comments: