Wednesday, January 16, 2008

PEOPLE, THIS IS THE GOD I SERVE

People, this is the God I serve...

A few days ago my family went out to see a house since we're looking for one. My dad had a company car he usually borrows and he sometimes can take it home if nobody is going to use it. We then used this car to get to our destination.
We neared the house and my dad then got into a position to park the car. He drove the car near the sidewalk where in front of us another car was parked. The parking process was almost finished...

When my dad, instead of hitting the brakes, hit the gas pedal full on.

As I have said, a car was in front of us. So scientifically speaking, calculating the speed of our car and the distance of the car in front of us (which was not so great), our car hit its bumper real hard that it left a real HUGE dent.

What's more is this: my brother was standing up viewing the cars from the back window. At the collision, he was thrown off and when we saw him he was on the floor, his head underneath the front seat. My mom began praying fervently.

I quickly got out of the car, inspected the damage done not to our car car, but to the other. Seeing the humongous dent, I slowly walked away.

My mom and dad began frantically looking back and forth at our car and the other. We asked help form the Thai agent who was in charge of selling the house to call the owner of the car and he quickly did. I, meanwhile, went into the garage with my MP3 still playing.

I sat down, shaken. I quickly went into quick prayer and didn't even mind if my MP3 was still on. I asked God for guidance and for help, and I told Him he was the only one who could help us effectively.

After I finished my prayer, my ear caught the attention of the song that was playing, which was "Little Wonders" OST Meet the Robinsons, sung by Rob Thomas. The moment I finished my prayer, these lines were sung:

And I don't mind
If it's me you need to turn to
We'll get by
It's the heart that really matters in the end


At that very moment I felt complete peace and I grinned broadly. God has given me His answer, and I knew all I need to do is trust and have faith in Him. Like the song said, It's the heart that really matters in the end. If I trusted Him, then He is sure to save us from this trouble.

And that's what He did. The owner of the car could apparently speak English and we were able to communicate easily. Each of the cars had insurances, so they were all taken care of. In the end, we didn't pay (but we did admit it was our fault) and the owner of the car wasn't angry at all. However, the agent fro the house was like "I helped you! Pay me 4,000!" so we did. In return, we decided not to take the house.

Though it seems like this is all misfortune and mishap, it's actually loaded with blessings. First of, there were people beside the car we hit that were playing. What if my dad did miss the car then instead hit them? A human life is priceless compared to a car! Plus, the cars had insurances, so nobody on either side paid. The woman who owned the car could speak communicate easily because of her knowledge of English. And they weren't angry either.

So during the paperwork, I had a smile as i carried my brother because I knew God was there with us and He proved Himself once again an almighty and loving Father.

People......

This is the God I serve.

0 comments: