Wednesday, January 7, 2009

S'pore Craziness

I've recently just returned from Singapore and I it was everything I hoped it would be and more. Well, first of before I left i've heard stuff about Singapore: a) It was very clean and they're very strict about it b) Stuff is expensive..... that's basically it :D

Anyways, yes, it was clean and I was careful not to drop anything on the sidewalk or else I'll get arrested for obstruction of cleanliness and what-not. Nevertheless, I had no trouble because frankly, I didn't see that much cops around. According to a friend of mine over there, if you see cops on the street it porbably means something bad has happenned within a 20-block radius. The only time I saw cops was when they came whooshing past on their patrol car.

And yes, stuff was expensive, at least much more expensive than stuff here in Thailand. My friends bought McDonalds one night and told me that it costs around $6 and they only bought the McChicken Sandiwch. In Thai Baht, that would be 240 Baht! I then proceeded to tell them that here in Thailand, you pay 150 Baht for a Double Big Mac... SET, with the fries and Coke. Anyways, even though I only had $100 in my pocket when I went there, I survived, thanks to the genorosity of my friends over there.

Anyways, here are some videos that I took while was there. The first one was taken at the Mind Cafe, an interesting cafe where they have tons of board games. My friend, Alfonso, can apparently do what I'd like to call the "Jenga Flick Trick", which is basically him flicking the last block on the very bottom of the Jenga tower. He did this a couple of times and I told him I wanted to video it. Unfortunately, everytime I did try to video him he failed. My other friend, Rasheed, also tried it but failed. When I did video him (which is this video), he apparently succeeded and Alfonso - you guessed it - failed again.



This next video was taken on the bus with Rasheed, Yi Qin, and Rei Zhong aka "Jerry" (His CG consists of Cartoon Network characters. His CL, Alvin, is apparently Buttercup from the Powerpuff Girls). This is just random craziness.



This last video was taken during my trip to Sentosa. Rei Zhong "Jerry" and my other friend, Wilfred (who is Blossom) are riding the Skyride. Once we got to the top, we rode the Luge, a bike like contraption, to the bottom of the mountain. Alfonso was with us, but he didn't go since he said he was afraid of heights. It was actually good he didn't go. As you can see in this video, I was dead scared too.



Anyways, i've got more pix and vids but I haven;t uploaded them yet. I actually captured a lot of craziness from the Mind Cafe where Winstar, Prana, and Mandon among others go crazy in one board game. Unfortunately, I still haven't uploaded 'em to my YouTube yet. Will try to, though! ~ E

0 comments: