Thursday, January 8, 2009

ALL HAIL HIS CHEWINESS, CHEWY JUNIOR!!!

While I was in Singapore, I came across this delicacy on my first night. Fiona, a friend of Yi Qin's, bought it for us and I completely and utterly loved it.

So what's Chewy Junior? I know there are Singaporeans reading this. If you still don't know what it is, I suggest you get on the MRT, get down on Bugis, and enter the mall that is connected to the exit. You'll see it there. To those who are non-Singaporean, Chewy Junior is a donut like delicacy. It has a soft, outer bread with a cream filling inside. Most of them also have toppings on them.

Anyways, I decided to take a dozen home and my family loved it too - despite the fact that out of the dozen I took home, I probably ate six. A few days later, my mom told me she had a dream that Chewy Junior apparently had an outlet in one of the malls here in Thailand. I prayed that it was a vision!

Imagine my surprise when one night, when my parents and brother came back from the mall, they give me a box of Chewy Junior! Apparently, the nearby mall has a Chewy Junior outlet! god has blessed me with Chewy Junior in Thailand!

Yesterday, I went to that mall and bought another box of Chewy Junior. Here are some photos I took.

This is the Chewy Junior outlet at Central Ladphrao.


















This is the box and one of the delicacies.

































Now the Thailand version is smaller and not as chewy as the Singaporean Chewy Junior. Nevertheless..... I HAVE CHEWY JUNIOR IN THAILAND!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey eric! this is wilfred. anyway, the burger, together with the fries and drinks cost us $6, not the burger only. haha, hope you're doing well over at hope bangkok IF! will keep you in prayers too!