Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Hopeful Romantic



Here is a cover I did (Albeit not the best one around) of a song entitled "Forevermore". It was composed by the Filipino band, Side A. I really think this song is a really great song. Here are the lyrics.

I may have run out of songs to sing
I may have run out of words to say
But all that I want you to know is what I feel for you
I love you
As endless as forever
Our love will stay together
You're all I need to be with forevermore

There are times when I just want to look at your face
With the stars in the night
There are times when I just want to feel your embrace
On a cold night
I just can't believe that you are mine now

CHORUS:
You were just a dream that I once knew
Never thought I would be right for you
I just can;t compare you with anything in this world
You're all I need to be with forevermore

All those years I've longed to hold you in my arms
I've been dreaming of you
Every night I've been watching all the stars that fall down
Wishing you will be mine
I just can't believe that you are mine now (Chorus)

BRIDGE:
Time and again there are these changes that we cannot end
Sure as time keeps going on and on
My love for you will be forevermore (Chorus)

As endless as forever
Our love will stay together
You're all I need to be with forevermore



This is one great song. The lyrics are really great and it gives you what most people call that "warm fuzzy feeling".

I would say this is the song for me... but not yet.

I do hope to sing this one day to a woman, but not a woman I want to spend my life with. Instead I want to sing this to the woman God wants me to spend my life with.

You see, man is prone to fail. This just gives a clear message that the choices you make by yourself, even though it's with help of friends, can fail. But here's the good part: GOD NEVER FAILS. His plan is perfect.

So what exactly am I saying? Well, I guess what I want to say is this: I am pledging that I will wait for God's perfect time to bring the right woman along.

Sure, it's quite common teenagers the same age as me are in relationships. But they all know that it's just a fling. They all know it won't last forever. Joshua Harris, author of I've Kissed Dating Goodbye, gives us a great view of meaningful, Godly relationships: Intimacy is the reward of commitment. So what does hit mean? To put it in a simple way: Don't get into relationships when you know you can't commit to the person. I mean c'mon, kids my age have to take care of school. We've got our whole lives ahead of us. And we want to waste it on having a relationship? On dating? Okay, you might say it's fun, but that just proves my point: teenagers these days get into relationships for fun and for the heck of it. They all know it's just a game.

So to all my fellow youth/teenagers out there: be patient and wait on God. Of course, most of us do not want to stay single all of our lives (I know I don't!), but let God bring the right person at the right time.

Before you know it, you'll be singing "You're all I need to be with forevermore"

0 comments: