Thursday, January 15, 2009

IN MEMORY OF PSTR. NOLI CADELINA

In all honesty, I didn't know Pastor Noli Cadelina that well. Of course, I knew that he was the pastor of my church in the Philippines, Faith in Jesus Christian Fellowship. But other than that, I knew him simply as the pastor. Back then, I was in the Children's Church which adds to the reason why I didn't know him so well. The only time I got to talk to him personally and meet with him up close was when he came here to Thailand two years ago.

I was very surprised - and excited - to hear that he would come here and share the Word to our Filipino members. Our Filipino caregroups gathered to hear him share and there was no doubt the people were blessed. It was pretty obvious since all the people came to him to thank him. After the sharing, he talked to all the people who were in a ministry and to our leaders and he gave them counsel. Plus, he led a non-believer to salvation too.

And so even though I spent only a night conversing even only a few words with him, I was blessed by his spirit. His vigor. His zeal for God. I admired him ever since then.

I wanted so much to visit them when I went home. However, the church was far away and we were also attending the Hope Church near our place in the Philippines.

I guess God is truly showing me, my family, and all those close to Pastor Noli that life is short. Pastor Noli Cadelina was taken home on January 4.

I was shocked. My family was shocked. And there was no doubt the people at home were shocked too. However, it was his time. He had run the race. He had fought the good fight. He had completed what God wanted him to do and now god wanted him to claim his prize in heaven.

As I though about him in the past few days and as my parents talked about him, I realize that he actually made me what I am today. Before my parents' marriage, it was Pastor Noli who counseled them He was the one who basically guided my dad through the whole thing. Plus, since he was the pastor of the church, the Children's Ministry was obviously under him, and I am truly thankful for my time in the Children's Church since it allowed a firm foundation for my faith.

To sum it all up, even though indriectly, Pastor Noli affected me a lot. So thanks, Pastor Noli. You were and will always remain a great blessing. Thank you for your zeal and your willingness to let God use you. We love you very much. And even though we miss you, we know you're in a better place....

This is to Pastor Noli Cadelina, a true Man of God.

0 comments: