Sunday, January 10, 2010

Reflections: Mark 6:6-13 - January 7, 2010

"Then Jesus went around teaching from village to village.
7Calling the Twelve to him, he sent them out two by two and gave them authority over evil spirits.
8These were his instructions: “Take nothing for the journey except a staff–no bread, no bag, no money in your belts.
9Wear sandals but not an extra tunic.
10Whenever you enter a house, stay there until you leave that town.
11And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them.”
12They went out and preached that people should repent.
13They drove out many demons and anointed many sick people with oil and healed them." 
 
- Mark 6:6-13


I can just imagine how excited the disciples were when Jesus gave them authority. Previously, Jesus showed them how He could drive out demons and heal people and now, Jesus was giving them the authority and power to do all these things! They must've been excited as they went around preaching, healing, and casting out demons!

Like the disciples, I believe God is telling me to keep that same zealousness they had. As God has anointed me to serve Him, then like the disciples I should be excited for the authority and anoinitng God gave me! And I should keep that excitement. I believe that God is reminding me to remember my calling and that despite obstacles and trials, I will always be reminded that He has given me authority and anointed me.

And to all of you out there, always remember: In God, you have the victory. In God, you have authority. In God, nothing - nothing - stands against you. Be blessed!


0 comments: