Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

So I welcomed 2010 the customary Filipino way it should be welcomed: with friends, family, games, fun, and food. But, as a family of God, we also welcomed it with prayer, thanksgiving, and worship. God's given us so much this 2009 and He has assured us that 2010 will be a bigger year. So it's no doubt I'm looking forward to 2010 cuz I'm sure it will totally rock.

And after staying awake for 22 hours for the first time in my whole life, I went to bed at 9 in the morning of January 1 and woke up at 5 in the evening. Indeed, the new year was awesome.

As I said, God has assured me personally that 2010 is the year of bigger things to come. He's really shown me He's gonna do something HUGE, something so great and so big that people who would witness it cannot deny that it's the work of God. So I'm really excited for what God has in store for the church, the Filipino Group, and especially for CRUX, the youth group.

I was very much inspired last night as me, Maica, Jahm, Emil, and Camille gathered together in a circle to pray for 2010 and all our plans for CRUX. I was really glad to see and hear all of them really pray earnestly. It wasn't only me, but they also wanted God to really do something big this 2010. And God is faithful to His people!

Personally, I prayed that God would really help me break free from bondage and that He would help me stand firm against temptation. I also prayed that He would continue to show Himself to me and that I would always have a fresh encounter with Him. The camp in November really taught me a lot about pressing into God's presence and that's what I really strive to do this year: to really be in his presence every single moment of the day. I also offered myself up to Him once again and rededicated myself again, singing from my heart and with all sincerity that I want every breath and every moment of my life to bring Him glory. I also prayed that I would not be lax anymore and that 2010 is the year I really go all out for Him. No holding back!

2010 is gonna be an awesome year, no doubt about it. I have no doubt that God's move is going to be so powerful this year and that he would truly show Himself as a faithful, powerful, and strong God.

Now I'm gonna go to sleep... again.

0 comments: