Wednesday, November 14, 2007

THANKFUL... (For what, exactly???)

So Thanksgiving's nearing with each day the passes... To tell you the truth, we don't exactly celebrate Thanksgiving in this part of Asia, but hey, there are a lots of things to be thankful for, right? However, I'm pretty bummed that we aren't eating turkey here. Man, why does America get all the good stuff?

So what should I be thankful for anyway? I figure this is going to be quite long, so here I go. I'm thankful for: a roof above my head, food on the table, a bed to sleep in, a PS2 to entertain me, tons of games that go along with that PS2 (half of which don't work anymore), a TV to watch movies in, a DVD player to play DVDs in (wait a sec, my DVD player is broken!), and tons of appliances that cook my food and make my chores easier. I'm thankful for my lil' bro who i waited and prayed for for ten years. I'm thankful for my parents who teach me, guide me, and bug me. I'm thankful for my relatives, who love me each and everyday because apparently they don't suffer me like my parents suffer me. I'm thankful for my two best friends, John Paul my cousin and Nikka my neighbor, who are always there for me when I need them and are really fun to be with. Let's see, what else? I'm thankful for friends at school, who constantly bug me (Hye Min) annoy me (probably John and Minha) and buy me ice cream (Win). No, really, they're just fun to be around with. I'm also thankful for my teachers, who even though they don't want to, got to school and teach me. I'm thankful also for the people who guide me at my church. they're a great help in my spiritual growth. I'm also thankful for my shepherd, Tito Del, who is fun to be with, really kind, and offers great guidance to me. I'm also thankful for my pastors at church: Pastor David, Isaac, and Chris. They're great men of God and they're so great at preaching.

And last, but not the least, I am thankful for a Savior who paid my debt and loved me no matter what, and I am thankful that I believe in a God who hears my prayers and loves me everyday, provides for me, and blesses me even if I don't deserve it.

Don't tell yourself "Life sucks" and you've got nothing to be thankful for. even the simplest things are a blessing.

God bless everyone and happy Thanksgiving!


~ Eric E.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric-
I am thankful to have you as a student. I am thankful that God has given you such a great personality and sense of humor, and for how much excitment you bring to English class everyday! You are a fantastic student, and I really enjoy reading your blog! Keep up the good work!
-Ms. Lauren