Thursday, March 11, 2010

Don't Stop Believin'

What do you do when you're bored? Blog... with gloves on. Agh, I'm taking 'em off. Typing's hard with woolen fingertips...

Anyways... what to blog, what to blog?

Well, exams are finally over so that's cool. Today was basically a cool down day for all of us. We spent most of the day just watching movies. I guess we've earned it after the exams.

I've been listening to a lot of Journey again and Huey Lewis this time around too. Kinda makes me have a lot more confidence when I listen to "Power of Love" while walking to the subway. And I imagine myself sometimes as Michael J. Fox on a skateboard lol. Anyways, downloaded Journey's "Revelation" album with frontman Arnel Pineda now on the vocals. He's awesome, but of course, Steve Perry came first. So yeah, my day never ends without listening to "Open Arms" and "Don't Stop Believin'". You know, something about "Don't Stop Believin'" inspires me everytime. I guess it's the chorus that keeps ringing:

Don't stop believin'
Hold on to the feelin'
Streetlight people...

Great lyrics there. I know it's not a Christian song, but everytime I hear the chorus I always interpret it as don't stop believing and having faith in Him, despite hard times and all.

Speaking of hard times, Bangkok is back to tense mode as red shirts start pouring in from all over Thailand to mount up a huge protest that's starting tomorrow. I have no idea when it will end. I might not have school next week. Yay for me, but not so much yay when you face the facts. Feel bad for my friend, Tor, cuz her house is at the very street where the protest is taking place. As she said, if the reds decide to use a bomb, they'll bomb her house too. The reds were also the ones who burned up the buses last year, so I pray that they won't get rowdy and all again. So please, do pray for the situation here in Thailand. Thank God that He's protected my friends and family. I've been here for ten years and experienced a coup d'etat, the closing of the airport, bus burnings, and numerous rallies, but me and my family remain safe.

So all this political unrest along with the earthquakes in Haiti and Chile bring me to another realization as I write this entry: Christ is coming soon. Very soon. I'm still reading Are We Living in the End Times? by the authors of the "Left Behind" series and it really helped me in understanding end time prophecies. All these events are the "birth pains" before the coming of Christ and they are growing very frequent. For example, the earthquake in Chile occurred only months (or weeks, not sure) after Haiti. This just gives me more reason to believe Christ could come in my lifetime and that, I must say, would be a cool thing.
And so, I circle back to the title of this entry. Despite all the happenings in this world: all the war, politics, disease, disasters... Don't stop - never stop - believing. Never stop believing that God ultimately prevails. 

Wow, I'm amazed at the range of topics for this entry lol. This just shows how bored you get after exams haha

God bless everybody and enjoy the upcoming weekend!

0 comments: