Monday, February 15, 2010

Mom and Dad's 19th Year Anniversary

My mom and dad have four anniversaries to celebrate: one is when my mom agreed to be my dad's girlfriend (God knows when it is). Two is when my parents got renewed their vows here in Thailand on September. Three is their renewal of vows in Malaysia on November.

But today is their "official" anniversary: February 15, the day when they actually got married.

I remember my mom;s story on what the judge told them: "Why didn't you get married yesterday when it was Valentine's Day?"

"Oh, we forgot" was their response.

Sad to say we can't go out 'cause my dad has to go to BSF. However, my mom did cook spaghetti and sandwich pizzas which I am eating while i'm typing this out.

But also thank God for keeping their marriage strong. I've seen them fight, in their ups and downs, and they're still going strong. I love how my parents love each other.

So happy anniversary mommy and daddy. God bless you with more and more years to come. Looking forward to your silver anniversary soon!

0 comments: